Are you ready for the first race of the season?
It’s that time of year again… tuesday…TUESday…TUESDAY……TIME TO RACE……..AGAIN 😀
- 6:00: Kids Race
- 6:30: Rider Brief
- 6:35: 3 Lap Race Start
- 6:37: 1 & 2 Lap Race Start
- 6:45: Special Event – Log pull
Race Tip of The Week: Last season we had too many instances of people completing their race and either exiting the race course unsafely or standing around in the finish area blocking racers as they come through. This year we will be making an attempt to separate the start and finish areas to avoid potential collisions, that being said, during the practice race we still had racers circle back around after finishing and cross the race course at the finish area. Please keep the finish area and course in general clear if you are not racing.
Additionally if you chose to keep riding the course after completing your race, please remove your number plate, leaving the plate on confuses the timers and leads to errors in the timing.
If you won your category last season you have a reserved number plate:
- Juniors – Zoey Aubin #1
- 1 Lap Men’s – Jac Dahrouge #101
- 1 Lap Women’s – Kellie Harrington #102
- 2 Lap Men’s – Pete Cole #201
- 2 Lap Women’s – Pat Rosier #202
- 3 Lap Men’s – Matt Giardina #301
- 3 Lap Women’s – Heather Thomas #302
Weather: Possible thunder showers, so be aware of the new thunderstorm protocol:
- Lite Rain/Showers – Race as planned
- All day/Soaked Trails – decision made on Monday by 7:00 pm
- Reroute race to less delicate trails/roads with in park
Lightning within 5 miles
- Prior to start – postpone events 15 minutes, brief participants, spectators and staff to seek shelter in hard topped vehicles. Cancel events if lightning is still within 5 miles 15 minutes later
- During race – complete current lap and count it as the event
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. South wind 7 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Volunteers for the week:
- Event Director Erik Forestell
- Adult Course Marshal Matt Giardina
- Kid’s Course Marshal Sue Sacco, Jeremey Mazzolini, Kathleen Harrington
- Timer 1 Matt Giardina
- Timer 2 Sandy
- Registration 1 Julie Heritage
- Registration 2 Stephanie Hernandez
- Race Sweep Joyce Dahrouge