It’s that time of week again… tuesday…TUESday…TUESDAY……TIME TO STAY HOME
- 6:00: Watch T.V.
- 6:30: Order Pizza
- 6:35: Feed the Dog
- 7:00: Eat Pizza
- 9:00: Go to Sleep
Race Tip of The Week: Relax enjoy life
Wow it’s over, and with over 200 registrants and an average of over 50 racers a night I think an unqualified success J Thank you everyone who came out this year. Thanks to everyone who donated as well, with a strong push in the final 2 weeks we were able to meet our financial commitments, this should secure the financial future of the race, see you next year.
It’s never too early to start planning for next year, while the season is still fresh in everyone’s mind I’d like to sit down and discuss all the positives and areas we could improve for next year. Since we are all used to Tuesdays, I’d like to meet at the Pittsfield Bike and Board at 7 after closing text Tuesday (9 Sept) and enjoy some pizza (provided) and put pen to paper to set us up right for next year.
I’d like to throw out a BIG thank you to all those folks that made this series happen, please thank them personally if you get a chance:
- Berkshire Cycling Association – The BCA cut us a loan for $1000.00 to start the series for insurance and the porta-potty. This series literally would not have happened without their support.
- Berkshire Bike and Board – Thank you Dave and Stephan at Berkshire Bike and Board, they jumped in with both feet filling out the rest of the race budget and providing a meeting place for all of the planning
- City of Pittsfield / Park Department (Jim McGrath) – Jim stepped forward and allowed us the free us of the park and has supported us in trail building and was always there for ant issues we had.
- Ayelada Frozen Yogurt – Ayelada stepped in without asking to provide coupons to our winners, let’s do the math, we had 10 winners per race, they all got $3 coupons, $30 per week for the last 5 weeks, $150. Thank you Ayelada
- Giant Bicycle – Giant Bikes stepped up with over $600 in swag for the end of year raffle
- Mark Sheann (Vitorria/3T/Salsa) – Mark has come through from day one with over $300 in swag, you guys are awesome!
- Scott Bicycle – Scott Bicycles donated over $150 in swag as well, thank you Jay at Scott.
- Berkshire Septic (Bob Schpanik) – Anybody use the Ports-Potty this year? Say it with me, “THANK YOU BOB”.
- Dave Sacco (Trophys) – Dave thanks for the trophies, I can’t imagine a better testament to the race series, thanx again
- Brian Walak (Plaque) – Brian stepped up out of the blue to out right pay for all the little plaques on the trophies (they ain’t cheap)
- Heather & Matt Thomas (Maple Syrup) – who doesn’t like maple syrup, thanx
- Matt Giardina – Our course Meister, from planning and cutting new trails to setting the course EVERY week. Oh yeh, if that’s not enough he’s done the bulk of all the I.T. work to include compiling and publishing all of the weekly results. Couldn’t have done it without you buddy, BIG Thanx.
- Neal Blair – Our other Course Meister quietly out there every week marking and clearing our trails, thanx.
- Judy – One of our lovely Registration ladies. Not only did she handle over 200 registrants this year to include innumerable upgrades and lost numbers, she was also out there setting the kids course more often than I can count, thank you Judy, PLEASE be back next year.
- Julie – The other member of the Dynamic Registration Duo, also responsible for the weekly winner’s certificates and entering the data on all the registrants (yes she had to decipher your hand writing), thank you.
- Kara and Sandy – our timing Goddesses, one word, Flawless. Thank you
- Sue – Thanx for stepping up and handling the kids course, I REALLY needed the help.
- Kathleen – Thanx for stepping in and handling all the little things, and not so little things that made everything run smoothly.
- Brad and Bob – our resident photographers, Thanx for all the memories
- David Clark – Thank you for driving and supporting the whole series, we couldn’t have done the series without everyone’s help…but we wouldn’t have done it with out you.
Weather: Looking FABULOUS for staying home!
Today: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am, then a slight chance of showers between 1am and 2am. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind 8 to 15 mph becoming west in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.